As the Executive Director of The Giving Camp, Diane provides guidance to the student leadership team, and works with faculty and administrative committees at each university. Diane works behind the scenes coordinating with community organizations that serve people with physical and mental challenges from the local community.
Diane began to develop The Giving Camp in 2002 when she recognized the enormous volunteer potential available on a college campus, and the dedication of students who want to participate in the community as part of their college experience. Inspired by the commitment of Tufts students to be active in their community, Diane works with the Student Leadership team to create new ways to enhance the community/college connection by working with local residents with physical and mental challenges.
Diane worked in higher education for over 16 years, and has the experience to work within a university structure while providing operational and strategic leadership to the camp. She served as the Program Director for the National Resnet Symposium, where she travelled to many colleges and universities, and worked with colleagues from colleges throughout the US and Canada. Following her 16 years at Tufts managing computer facilities and as a manager of IT Communication, she worked as Project Manager and Director of Training for an internet startup company that grew from 20 to nearly 200 employees in one year. Her role as Vice President of Operations for a socially responsible web development company led her to found SRB Solutions, Inc. in 1999 where she provides responsible business solutions to small and mid-sized companies. In 2002, Diane was elected to the Board of Directors for Somerville Rotary.
Diane earned a B.A. in Psychology from Tufts University.
Her volunteer activities have included:
- Former Program Director for Exceptional Citizens Week for physically and mentally challenged citizens.
- Co-Founder of Rescue Dog, Inc., a search and rescue dog team for New England.
- Chairperson for the first Northeast Regional Search and Rescue Dog Conference in New Hampshire.
- Deliver Thanksgiving dinner for the Somerville-Cambridge elders organization
- Volunteer companion at Franciscan Children's Hospital for children in the rehabilitation ward.
- Website editor for National Association Search and Rescue website. www.nasar.org.
- United Way Coordinator Tufts University
- Project Bread, Walk for Hunger